Wave UC shares How to Improve Local Search Ranking with Local SEOWe have selected three important local SEO statistics and which action you should take to improve your business local SEO rankings.
1. Local Searches Lead 50% Of Mobile Visitors To Visit Stores Within One Day
Google’s research into local search behavior reveals that local searchers are poised to take action. 50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone and 34% who searched on computer/tablet visited a store within a day.
Here are a few tips to make sure you’re ranking for local search terms:
- Get your business listed on Google My Business. Make sure your profile is complete and verified.
- Make sure your NAP is consistent across all channels. This includes your website, social media profiles, review sites and directory listings.
- Use local business schema markup so Google can identify and show your physical location.
- To ensure your business listings are complete and accurate online, you can take advantage of Yext PowerListings Package starting at $69/month
2. More than 60% of consumers have used information from local Google Ads
Google’s research into local search behavior found that consumers have a clear preference when it comes to having ads customized to their surroundings.
They found that 67% of smartphone users want ads customized via city and ZIP code, and 61% want ads customized to their immediate surroundings. 61% use the address or phone number in the ad. 68% use the “Get Directions” or “Call” buttons.
Common complaint from business owners: “I setup Google Ads myself and spent too much money with no results”. The truth: Google Ads work but it needs to be properly setup and professionally managed. Managing AdWords campaigns for small businesses offer many challenges besides just optimizing AdWords in the regular sense. Many small businesses have distinct budgetary challenges, their websites are often not optimal and many lack a general understanding of how Google AdWords works. We have customers that spent thousands of dollars with no results when setting up the campaign by themselves. Wave UC optimizes your budget and manages your campaigns to grow your sales and increase your ROI. Avoid rookie mistakes and ask us about our Professional Internet Marketing Strategy.
3. 50% of Mobile Users Prefer a Mobile Website to a Mobile App
And 100% of Google agrees with that. There has been a lot of talk about mobile optimization, mobile apps and responsive design since Google’s included mobile-friendliness as a significant SEO ranking factor for its mobile search results.
If you haven’t already optimized your site for mobile, you may have seen a significant drop in your search rankings and traffic since April 21, 2015. According to BrightLocal study, 38% are impressed when a local business has a mobile responsive website. So, make sure your current website is mobile friendly to reach more customers and rank better on Google search results.