Google made a significant change to my business pages on Google+ this week. Google is going to shut down pages that have not been verified, and also that have low activity on their page. Low activity means a low amount of posts/reviews and no recent posts/reviews.
Is My Business page safe?
It depends. You need to focus on two important things:
- Do you see a Verified check mark next to your business name?
- Do you have any recent reviews or posts on your My business page?
If your answer is NO to one of the two questions above, your business page might be shut down from Google.
If Google My Business Page is removed, how will this affect my Business?
Not having a Google My Business page can and will hurt your business big time. Google My Business is owned and operated by Google. Whether you’re a business owner or simply a consumer, Google is your source for online information. If you want to be found by customers, you need to:
- Have an appealing well-designed website. If you do not have a business website, we can design a brand new website for your business
- You need to have your business listed on Google!
When properly adding your business listing on Google, you will significantly boost your business online presence. This is the first chance your business has to rank on page one of Google search results, because you will be focusing on ranking by your brand name.
Wave UC Professional SEO Services adds your business on Google My Business
- Your verified Google My Business page will appear on the top right side of the search results. Removing any Google Ads space your competitors could use
- Your reviews will also be displayed in two places: On the right side by your Google My Business page and under your official website URL
- Your physical location will appear in two places: On the My Business Page Map and under your official website URL
- If your keep your Google My Business page up-to-date, your latest posts will also appear on the search results, reducing the chances of any competitors using the spot
Google already started the clean up. If you’d like to keep your business on Google, contact Wave UC today to get your business listing verified by an official Google Partner Company.